Raw energy bars – without all the fancy ingredients
Anyone else love a bit of Deliciously Ella or Madeline Shaw, but find themselves caught short by the fact that their recipes always need matcha powder, agave syrup and almond flour? Well, have no fear! These raw energy bars are made with ingredients I’m SURE you’re going to have in your cupboards. The befits of these bars is numerous, but let me name a few –
- A great snack that will sustain you throughout the afternoon.
- Protein from the peanut butter (or nut butter of your choice) will help muscle recovery after workouts.
- NO refined sugar.
- Raw bars mean that none of the goodness of the ingredients is lost in cooking.
So heres what you’re going to need
- 140g of Oats
- 200g of Dates (take out the stones!)
- 4 tsps of Honey (or maple syrup or agave)
- 4 tsps of Peanut Butter (this can be switched out for any nut butter or Tahini)
- 30g of Raisins
- 30g of a nut of your choice (mine were cashews but peanuts, hazelnuts and brazils would be fabulous)
What to do
- Blend up the dates and nuts till you make a sticky mush, dont be put off by this!
- Place these into a bowl, and add the oats and raisins.
- In a small pan mix together the honey and peanut butter, and warm till combined. This step can also be done in the mictrowave which makes it super easy!
- Mix this into the date mixture
- Line a small dish, I used a loaf pan but anything will do, with parchment or cling wrap.
- Push it all flat. Damp fingers make this a lot easier and stops the mixture sticking to you.
- Stick this in the freezer for an hour or so, and then chop.
This is how it looks before its combined!
The final product, which can be kept in the freezer for as long as you need!
Hope you enjoy these, let me know how they work out for you! A great way to not ruin your diet 🙂