Easy Homemade Apple, Cinnamon and Raisin Granola!
This recipe for Apple, Cinnamon, and Raisin Granola is a great way to spice up your breakfast without breaking the bank!
You can also make this in advance and keep it for up to three months in an air tight container.
Granola is one of my favourite recipes, a really good way yo start your day! This one is particularly good because it contains little sugar, lots of oats and protein and is vegan!
So heres what your going to need –
Apple, Cinnamon, and Raisin Granola ingredients:
- 160g of oats
- 140g of nuts crushed
- 2 tablespoons of oil – I used rapeseed but coconut or sunflower are fab
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 1 apple finely sliced
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 30g of raisins
How to make the Granola:
- Finely slice the apple
- Turn on your over to 170 degrees fan and place the apple on a baking tray in the oven. This way the apple can start at a low temperature and dry out nicely, it needs about 40 mins to cook, so 10 mins of warming up the oven and half an hour with the granola… give or take.
- Mix together all of your other ingredients, dry first and then adding the maple syrup and oil.
- Pour this onto a baking tray and smush flat with the back of a wooden spoon.
- Place into your hot oven, and stir it every so often.
- When its golden its done.
I love this granola as a little afternoon snack but it also works perfectly for breakfast. Pour over some milk for a super simple brekkie OR sprinkle over some natural yoghurt and add some fresh fruit!
This granola is loved by the whole family, and the inclusion of nuts and fruit makes its especially great for children. Be warned, it never lasts long in my house!
Let me know how you get on!