How to make easy Quinoa Porridge!
Quinoa Porridge was always something I read about but never made.
After reading about the goodness you can find in Quinoa online, I decided to give quinoa porridge a go. The key thing that differentiates it from normal porridge is the protein. The protein in one cup of quinoa is 8g compared to 5.6g in the same amount of oats.
So, in light of this I’ve devised my best ever quinoa porridge. This is super creamy, super yummy and super good for you. I have also made this vegan by adding almond milk and almond yoghurt. However, if you’re not lactose intolerant that you can absolutely use cows milk for this, or any other milk you like!
Quinoa Porridge Ingredients –
- 50g of quinoa
- 150ml of almond milk
- 50ml of water
- rasberries (a handful or so)
- a tablespoon of yoghurt
- as much maple syrup as you like
Method for Quinoa Porridge –
- Firstly wash your quinoa.
- Then add the quinoa, milk and water to a non stick pan and simmer on a low heat for 15ish minutes (you will know when its done when it puffs up).
- When this is is done you can transfer it to a bowl.
- Top with your yoghurt, raspberries and a dash of maple syrup for sweetness.
Now, I know that this is a bit different. But I do think that it works. Keep an open mind, and consider that rice pudding is sweet rice and this is just sweet quinoa. Also, I found that without the yoghurt this is a little lacking. An extra add of creamy goodness to the quinoa porridge makes it 10x better. I have also done this with coconut milk and added mango to the top. It works brilliantly with peanut butter and jam as well.
Let me know how you find Quinoa porridge. I love this and its a great work breakfast!