Tomato and Spinach Baked Eggs
Baked eggs for breakfast is a classic, and this version is no different. With a strong tomato and spinach base, and a gooey and runny egg on top, its fab with bread for a protein packed and nutritious breakfast.
This recipe is not only delicious, but its is also SUPER easy. Here is what you’re going to need!
- 100g of Spinach
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of mixed herbs
- 400g can of chopped tomatoes
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
The method for these baked eggs is equally as easy –
- Add the onion to a pan and let it cook down in a teaspoon of oil until soft. Then add in the crushed garlic.
- After a minute or so add in the chopped tomatoes and mixed herbs and allow to simmer for 10 minutes until it reduces a little.
- Then add in your spinach making sure to allow extra time if it is frozen as mine was
- At this point you should have a sauce that looks something like this…
At this point you can totally add in some chorizo, chicken or chilli to really spice it up.
5. Transfer half of your sauce into an oven safe dish and make a well in the middle for your egg.
6. Then crack an egg into the well you have made, and place into a 200 c oven for 8 to 10 minutes.
Sprinkle your baked eggs with some fresh basil and serve with hot buttered toast!
The nutritional breakdown per serving is –
Calories – 150
Fat – 6.8g
Carbs – 10.3g
Fibre – 2.7g
Protein – 10g