Easy Cinnamon Rolls Recipe
Cinnamon Rolls are the ultimate autumnal treat. As the trees starts to change, and the weather tarts to turn I always find myself returning to these comforting and delicious little buns. I feel like they are the epitome of comfort food. These make around 12-16 rolls and are the easiest ones I have found. Make sure to add a little extra to yours, maybe some pecans or raisins for that extra ompf.
So here they are, my easy cinnamon roll recipe.
What you will need for these easy rolls-
For the rolls
- 1 packet of 7g dried active baking yeast
- 3.5 tablespoons caster sugar
- 225ml warm water
- 400g plain flour
- 1 eggs
- 2.5 tablespoons vegetable oil
For the filling
- 150g brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 60g of butter
How to make the easy cinnamon rolls-
- In a large mixing bowl, dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water.
- Stir in 200g of the flour and beat this until it becomes elasticised and sticky.
- Beat in eggs and oil and then the remaining flour, a little at a time, beating well after each addition.
- When the dough has pulled together, put it out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth and not tacky or wet anymore. When it becomes a smooth mixture it is ready, this took me about 10 minutes
- Put some oil in a bowl, place the dough in the bowl and turn to coat with oil. Let rise in a warm place until doubled in volume, about 40 minutes. I put my oven on for about 5 mins to get a little warm and then placed my bowl in there, as I don’t have a warm place…
- Then mix together the sugar and cinnamon.
- When the dough is risen tip it out onto a floured surface and roll into a rectangle, approximately 20×30 cm. Spread over the softened butter and then sprinkle on the sugar and cinnamon mix. Roll the rectangle up on the long side so you make a log. Then cut this log into equal pieces.
- Then place these pinwheels into a lightly greased 23×33 cm (9×13 in) baking tin.
- Cover the rolls let it rise until doubled in volume, about 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 190 degrees.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20-30 minutes, until golden.