Delicious Chocolate and Ginger Flapjacks
These yummy flapjacks are super simple to make! With some minor changes they can also change into milk, white, orange, yoghurt and cranberry or fruity flapjacks.
What you’re going to need is:
- 225g of Butter (salted or unsalted)
- 225g of Milled oats
- 225g of Jumbo oats – you can always do 450g of whatever oats you have, but the mix of the two makes for a really lovely texture!
- 225g of Soft Brown Sugar
- 1 tablespoon of Ground Ginger
- 1/2 tsp of Baking Powder
- 1.5 tablespoon of golden Syrup
- 0.5 tablespoons of Ginger syrup (from the jar you will get the ginger from)
- 1 piece of Ginger in Syrup
- 50g of Chocolate chips (white, milk or dark)
- 50g of chocolate (for melting)
Preheat the oven to 180c
- Melt together the butter and the syrup together in a pan over a low heat until the butter has melted.
- In another bowl mix together the oats, sugar, ginger and baking powder.
- Then pour the melted butter and syrup mixture in the oats and mix till they’re combined
- Then allow to cool for a few minutes and then add the chocolate chips and the chopped ginger.
- Push this into a lined baking tray (approx 12×10 inches) and bake for 25 minutes until its golden brown!
- Leave the flapjack to cool for approximately half and hour and then being to melt the remaining chocolate to drizzle over the top.
These flapjacks are a total crowd favourite! They work wonderfully as a winter treat and can be customised to exactly how you like them!