The best ever (lactose free) Peanut Butter cookies!
Peanut butter is the food of the Gods. I don’t say this lightly. However, upon carful consideration I’m going to have to commit to such a bold statement. Not only is it delicious, its high in protein, nutritious, and filling.
These cookies are my best ever, and they’re also dairy free (woohoo). What’s not to love?
So what you’re going to need is:
Preheat the over to 190c and 170c fan
- 50g of sugar – I went for caster but golden caster would also work
- 50g of Oats
- 25g of Wholemeal flour (yay fibre)
- 25g of Spelt flour (you can always go for 50g of wholemeal if this is too much of a faff)
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon of water
- a splash of vanilla extract
- 175g of Peanut butter – dear god please use the Whole Earth crunchy stuff its absolutely life changing.
Here is what you’re gonna do:
- Mix together the Peanut butter in a bowl till its all thoroughly combined.
- Add in the egg, water, and vanilla till you have a smooth loose mix
- Add to this the oats and flour mixture.
- Line a baking sheet with greaseproof and place 12 small balls of the mix evenly on the sheet
- Press these balls down until you nearly flatten them, think about a cm thick.
- Stick them in the oven for about 12 mins until they’re all golden and yummy
These cookies do need to be left to cool on a wire rack for a few mins before you eat them. I highly recommend having them with a banana milkshake OR a cuppa, standard.
These cookies are low in sugar, high in protein and they’re dairy free. They’re a real crowd pleaser, especially if you want cookies that aren’t totally horrific for you.
These cookies are very very very similar to the ones in Lorraine Pascals ‘A lighter way to bake’ and if you ever need some healthy inspiration she is absolutely the authority on the subject.
p.s apologies to my boyfriend Charlie, I promise I will make something you like soon